Last updated: October 2023
Shape History is looking for candidates with over 3 years of experience in the creative industry, to become our new mid-weight Creative.
Do you have the vision to make the world a fairer place, faster and the creative ambition to realise it? Are you a constantly erupting volcano of ideas? Are you a hybrid creative that can jump between words and pictures like a ninja in an art gallery? If this sounds like you, you could be what we’re looking for.
We’re Shape History, the social impact communications agency. We work with our partners on some of the biggest issues facing humanity today, from Climate Change to Gender Equality, Digital Health to Human Rights. We’re a full service agency, doing everything from brand books to hero videos, stunts to strategies, and creative campaigns of every size.
This is your opportunity to let your creativity loose, collaborating with a high-level Creative Team to support in the creation of campaign identities and brand activations for our social impact partners. You’ll be the guardian of the ‘big idea’, working closely with strategists, designers, motion masters and our web team to ensure your creative vision comes to life across all disciplines.
The successful candidate will sit in the Creative team, reporting to either an Associate Creative Director or the Creative Director.
How you’ll be shaping history everyday…
- Driving the big ideas: You’ll be supporting in the ideating of creative concepts, campaign identities and brand activations. Working with the team in brainstorming sessions, as well as collaborating in internal and external workshops. You’ll help guide concept development and work directly with teams across specialisms, to ideate content and assets that are innovative and break new ground.
- Bringing your ideas to life in every way: You’ll be part of a growing creative team, which means you’ll need to have your feet in both visual and verbal camps. You can specialise more on either side, but you will:
- Write with flair: From campaign names and straplines all the way to film scripts and social media copy – you’ll need to turn your ideas into strong messaging that is emotionally provocative and strategically impactful.
- Visualise your ideas: You’ll effectively communicate your ideas visually, to guide the design team on the appropriate look and feel for your concepts. Using moodboards and imagery to effectively brief designers and present concepts to partners will be key.
- Presenting your big, bold ideas. You will have the ability to create concepts that are big and bold but also realistic within practical constraints. You’ll be regularly supporting pitches for new work, collaborating on the development of pitch concepts and materials, and demonstrating great presentation skills to prospective partners.
- Creatively strategic: Good creative concepts are rooted in insight. You’ll be working closely with both the Strategy and Creative teams to ensure all insights from our discovery phase are effectively translated into impactful, strategic brand and campaign activations. You’ll be responsible for ensuring creative ideas are strategic and strategic ideas are creative, you’ll focus on all key touch points of development and activation for maximum social impact at launch.
- Keeper of Concept: You’ll also be responsible for overseeing your ideas as the team brings them to life through all design collateral, motion and UX/UI assets. You’ll work with the team to ensure purity and clarity of concept remains true to the brand and/or campaign across all deliverables.
- Setting the standard: You’ll be the guiding light for the team when developing assets, setting a high benchmark and ensuring quality control. You’ll be responsible for delivering accessible and inspiring briefs to the designers you work with. You’ll offer constructive feedback, providing regular quality checks, and be responsible for ensuring final sign-off of all deliverables from the project lead.
You’re good at… (role requirements)
- Creative industry experience. You have at least 3 years of experience working within the creative industries, with at least 1 of those years working at an agency.
- Creativity bursting from the seams. You are an optimistic thinker and have the ability to balance big picture thinking while coming up with concepts that are realistic within certain constraints.
- Copywriting. You are a creative copywriter, understanding target audiences and writing convincing and concise copy for both brand activations and campaigns.
- Art direction. You have a visual mind and know how to get the look you want for a campaign or activation, able to gather references, describe your vision and oversee the design team’s work on your ideas.
- Partner relations. You have experience of building trust and demonstrating your knowledge, skill, insight and tact – enacting our core value of compassion. You feel comfortable pitching your ideas and pushing back on your teammates or partners.
- Effective communication which is clear, concise, informative and friendly. You’ll be great at communicating creative concepts to partners and confident in pitching your ideas.
- High level creative collaboration You’ll know how to leverage presentation skills and tech tools to effectively communicate your ideas and brief creatives of all disciplines and a wide range of partners. You should be skilled in industry standard operating systems including Adobe CC to visualise your ideas, with knowledge of creative development and collaboration tools such as Miro, and the full Google Suite.
Extra bit of awesome:
- Powering up social impact. Can you show us that you live and breathe social impact? What drives you, what are you passionate about, what pisses you off? Tell us what problems you’ve been working to solve and how you’ve leveraged your skills to make the place a fairer world, faster.
- Specialised creative skill sets. It’s an added bonus if you can demonstrate skills in design, motion or production.
- Hola. Bonjour. Shalom. Speak another language? Great!
We are committed to having an inclusive culture in which everyone feels safe and supported to achieve their potential. We recognise that there is a long way to go in implementing race equity in the sector and we have a robust strategy in place for delivering this at Shape History. We actively encourage applications from underrepresented and minority groups, including those with lived experience of social issues we are working to address. As part of this strategy, we use blind recruitment in our first round of applications. When applying for this role, you will be taken to a Typeform link where you’ll be asked a series of questions.
Base salary of £31,000 – £40,000 plus company and personal bonus (between 3-5% base salary)
- The deadline for applying for this role is Tuesday 31st October.
- Longlisted candidates will have their CV requested on Friday 3rd November.
- 3-4 shortlisted candidates will be given a short exercise to complete by Friday 10th November.
- Interviews will be held on Wednesday 15th and Thursday 16th November.