Last updated: August 2022
Shape History is looking for candidates with 4+ years of experience in account management. Through your experience of managing and delivering communications projects, account management and working with multiple partners, you will be responsible for project managing our social impact projects.
We’re on the hunt for an organised individual with a strategic mindset who loves working on long-term impactful projects. Sounds like you? This full-time role will be perfect for you. It will involve you managing and coordinating different stakeholders both nationally and globally.
How you’ll be shaping history everyday:
- Communications Lead: Be the lead point of contact for all matters specific to your partnerships, ensuring the timely and successful delivery of high quality assets and expertise according to our partners’ needs and objectives.
- Meetings: Schedule and lead on regular meetings/check-ins with partners, plan the agendas, confirm attendees, and present work when required.
- Consulting: Proactively offer advice, guidance, and suggestions to partners that you believe will advance and improve the project outcomes, either strategically and/or creatively.
- Relationship building: Build, maintain, and evolve strong, long-lasting partnerships, and where necessary, facilitate consultation workshops.
- Finances: Manage your projects’ production budget and input all bills on the accountancy platform Xero as required.
- Autonomous working: Embrace full autonomy over your work, understanding every aspect of the projects you run, including timelines, deliverables, and budgets, and ensure project management documents and software (Monday.com) are kept up to date.
- Risk mitigation: Anticipate workloads in advance and preemptively flag any potential disruptions to ensure your projects run according to plan.
- Quality checking: Ensure every piece of work undergoes appropriate quality checks and proofing before being sent externally to partners or published.
- Upselling services: Work closely with our internal team to identify additional skill sets and expertise that may need to be introduced to the partnership, including Strategy, Creative, Digital or others.
- Content production: Contribute to writing blogs for partners on key issues within their sector, or for the Shape History Hub.
You’re good at:
- Account & project management: A confident, organised individual, with at least 4 years’ experience of account management and communications planning with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Collaboration: A respectful and competent leader but also a fantastic collaborator with the utmost confidence to push our partners beyond their comfort zones, in a respectful way.
- Agency experience: Bring knowledge and drive of preveious experience working in agencies.
- Building relationships: Proven excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Adaptability: Proactive, fast thinking and easily adaptable to any quick changes.
- Organisation: Very good organisational skills and understands how to balance multiple projects at once.
- Cool under pressure: Comfortable working under tight timelines and in a high-pressure environment.
- Communicating in different formats: Proven, quality written communication skills, understanding how to communicate to various audiences in a way that they’d understand.
- Working in a team: You are a total team player and enjoy collaborating with our team members.
- Presenting and public speaking: Exceptional presentation skills, with confidence speaking to a room of partners and stakeholders.
- Being proactive: Excellent initiative and a proactive problem-solving approach to your work.
- Showing a passion about what you do: A campaigner mindset – someone who can demonstrate and communicate passion for specific causes.
- Knowledge of our systems: Experience of working with all G Suite packages (Drive, Gmail, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- Getting stuck in: Willing to roll up sleeves during short intensive sprints to ensure success of campaigns.
Extra bit of awesome:
- Knowledge and background in the social impact sector, whether that be working with charities, NGOs, funders, or institutions.
- Experience with creating campaigns, from start to finish.
- A proven track record of developing and implementing communications action plans.
Base salary of £32,000 -£38,000 per annum + discretionary personal and company bonus.
Applications close on Monday 8 August at 2pm BST
We will proceed with interviewing a select few candidates on Thursday 11 and Friday 12 August. A short task might also be sent during the process.
As part of our process, we use blind recruitment in our first round of applications. This is part of a wider race equity strategy at Shape History. When applying for this role, you will be taken to a Typeform link where you’ll be asked a series of questions. The next round of the process will include interviewing a select few candidates.
We are committed to having an inclusive culture in which everyone feels safe and supported to achieve their potential. There is a long way to go in implementing race equity in the sector and we have a robust strategy in place for delivering this at Shape History. We actively encourage applications from underrepresented and minority groups, including those with lived experience of social issues we are working to address.
- History Shaper Programme: We offer grants to team members to build passion projects with no restrictions. We also run our own internal campaigns with ideas coming from the team.
- Holiday and Enhanced Parental Leave: Each team member is entitled to 24 days of holiday plus a Christmas shutdown period and bank holidays. We also have an enhanced parental leave policy.
- Flexi-time working: We understand that people work best at different times in the day, and either at home or in the office so we’re super flexible! All we ask is that you’re in the office 2 times a week.
- Fruit and Prosecco : We think that the team has a vitamin C deficiency because the amount of fruit they devour during Monday huddles is ridiculous. Enjoy that, as well as prosecco (or beer!)Thursdays!
- Team days: 4x per year, the full team comes together to take part in workshops, activities and socials. Previous team days have included axe throwing (not at each other), graffiti spraying and laser tag.
- Culture: Our main priority is our team and the culture that runs throughout the agency. We put emphasis on working with team members to unfold their individual and unique potential.