Last updated: March 2021
Are you someone with a strategic mind and an interest in social impact campaigns? Do you enjoy working in creative, fast-paced, and challenging environments? Are you wanting to join a passionate, talented, driven team who live and breathe social impact? If so, you could be just what we’re looking for.
We’re Shape History, the social impact communications agency. We’re here to nurture a fairer world, faster, through creative storytelling, powerful brands, and strategic communications.
We’re on the lookout for candidates to fill the position of Strategy Lead who have a background and passion in campaigning, and have 3+ years of industry experience.
As part of the Strategy team, the successful candidate will carry out research, unearth powerful and actionable insights, and develop communication and engagement strategies to influence and convince priority stakeholders. You will have expertise in one or more of the following areas: marketing, internal communications, media and pr, and external affairs. To be successful in this role, you will need to have a strategic mindset with a creative flair, and be willing to consult, challenge, and inspire a wide range of partners both in the UK and around the world.
How you’ll be shaping history everyday:
- Working with our Planners on a daily basis, you will be responsible for completing any strategic task that comes your way.
- You’ll spot unplanned opportunities to further the aims and objectives of a campaign, viewing reacting to current events as important as planning when it comes to setting strategy.
- You will plan and conduct stakeholder interviews, both with our partners and with any of their beneficiaries or primary stakeholders, writing up detailed notes for analysis to feed into campaign and messaging development.
- Segmenting out audiences, and in doing so, creating personas in collaboration with our partners. This might involve leading on persona mapping workshops, to better understand who the audiences we are targeting are.
- You will undertake research into areas of policy, advocacy, and campaigns to monitor the relevant environment, using this to feedback and advise internal team members and our partners. This will also involve writing up research insight reports including conducting SWOT and PEST analysis, competitor analysis, and audience prioritisation.
- You will develop media strategies, identifying and developing hooks and opportunities for securing media coverage, as well as implementing the strategy through selling in the story and securing coverage.
- You might help fine-tune and support with writing proposals for new and existing partners, as well as taking part in pitches and presenting strategic options for consideration.
- Writing Op-Eds or blogs for both the Shape History hub and for our partners on key issues within their sector. Other written tasks may include website copy, social media copy, report writing.
- Drafting press releases, proof-reading, and if necessary, rewriting media statements.
You’re good at:
- Proven track record and experience of developing and implementing effective strategies and influencing stakeholders.
- Using logic, as well as imagination, to make sense of a situation and come up with an intelligent solution.
- Working collaboratively in a team, as well as independently, and willing to roll up your sleeves during short intensive sprints.
- Understand how to segment target audiences and create tailored messaging and content.
- Working in a fast-paced environment and can adapt easily when things come up unexpectedly.
- Pushing people beyond their comfort zones, in a respectful way.
- Good presentation skills, with confidence speaking to a room.
- Different research approaches such as stakeholder workshops, surveys, focus groups and interviews.
- Doing things without being asked, solving problems that others may not have noticed, and going out of your way to continue learning and growing
- A campaigner mindset and can demonstrate real passion for social impact causes.
- Effectively planning and organising how to divide your time between specific projects and activities, balancing the art of flexibility with realism.
Extra bit of awesome:
- Knowledge and background in the social impact sector, whether that be working with charities, NGOs, funders, or institutions.
- Understand how best to utilise and take advantage of different social media channels.
- Experience with creating campaigns, from start to finish.
- Agency-specific experience.
Base salary between £28,000-£38,000 per year, depending on experience.
Monday 15th March, 2021 at 10am GMT
- Send us your CV and cover letter.
- All applications should be completed using our online form below. For any queries, please get in touch at email@example.com.
- Following on from this, we will be inviting a select few to complete a task and take part in an interview.
We are committed to having an inclusive culture in which everyone feels safe and supported to achieve their potential. There is a long way to go in implementing race equity in the sector and we have a robust strategy in place for delivering this at Shape History. We actively encourage applications from underrepresented and minority groups, including those with lived experience of social issues we are working to address.
Leave your details and we’ll get in touch with you