IMPACT FUND SUPPORTS NEXT GENERATION OF PURPOSE-DRIVEN CREATIVE LEADERS
On Wednesday 15 February 2023, Shape History announced the launch of a new £10,000 creative fund – the History Shaper Fund. The History Shaper Fund will support young people who are using creativity to tackle social impact issues in the UK and/or around the world.
We are inviting applications from any young person in the UK aged 18 to 25 who has a new and innovative concept to address anything from human rights to climate justice, health equity or social mobility. One winner, judged to be the most creative, effective and inclusive will be chosen to receive the full £10,000.
WATCH & LISTEN TO OUR LIVE Q&A WITH THE SHAPE HISTORY TEAM from 22 February 2023
The launch of the fund is being supported by both People Like Us and B Labs UK to help raise its profile, which has a specific focus on stimulating the next generation of purpose-driven creative industry leaders.
“We want to create more opportunities for young people from communities who don’t currently see a career for themselves in the creative industries. We hope the History Shaper Fund can be the platform they need to kick start their career, and tackle a social impact issue close to their heart simultaneously.”Ed Fletcher & Lauren Kay Lambert, Co-MDs of Shape History
WHO CAN APPLY?
Applications are open to any young person in the UK aged 18 to 25 who has a creative concept to address anything from human rights to climate justice, health equity or social mobility. The winner will be the idea that is judged to be the most creative, effective and inclusive.
To be eligible, applicants must fall within the age bracket, live in the UK, and have a UK bank account.
what will the winning application recEIve?
The winners of the History Shaper Fund 2023 will receive:
- Financial support: A single commission of £10,000 will be awarded to either an individual or collective (not an established organisation)
- Mentoring support: Regular mentoring sessions from Shape History team members to help with the planning and delivery of the project. The winner can use this support in whatever capacity they would like, whether that be brainstorming out the strategy and creative concept, how to get started or how to build out a budget. At a minimum it will be 1 hour per month for up to 6 months.
- Workspace: Our London office space in Kentish Town will be made available to the winner(s) to use as much as wanted for up to 6 months.
HOW WILL THE FUND WINNER BE DECIDED?
Your application will be considered by the History Shapers panel based on the following criteria (each is accompanied by sample questions – these should be treated as guides – you do not have to answer all of them in your application):
- How does your concept creatively address the social impact issue you are looking to tackle?
- Is it original in the use of different creative mediums and forms?
- Will you use a new narrative that’s not been heard before?
- How will you use creativity to inspire interest, engagement and/or action?
- How much impact on the social issue do you believe your concept can have?
- How much attention will it draw from existing and new audiences?
- How do you plan to measure the impact of your concept?
- Is there a specific end goal or action you hope audiences will take?
- How does your concept consider the experiences of different groups?
- Will there be opportunities for others to engage with the concept?
- Have you considered how you bring equity into the concept, or do you intend to highlight inequity within the social issue you’re looking to tackle?
SOUNDS GREAT! HOW CAN I APPLY?
Interested in putting forward a History Shaper Fund application? Follow the simple steps below…
- Download the key information and FAQs document to understand the application process and judging criteria.
- Join our webinar to ask any clarification questions on at 5PM ON Wednesday 22nd February 2023 – CLICK HERE TO REGISTER NOW.
- Fill in the digital application form before 5pm on Wednesday 1st March 2023 – within the form, you also have the option to upload a PDF of up to 12 slides.
- Await response. We aim to have made a final decision by mid-March. We will reach out to those who have been unsuccessful and will provide feedback if requested.