The History Shaper Christmas Special is a national competition to find an inspirational charity working in the UK which the Shape History team will give an extra boost to this Christmas by making them their very own Christmas Fundraising Appeal, completely pro-bono.
Our History Shaper programme has been a core part of our impact as a social business from the beginning. Every 4 months our team nominate causes, societal issues or organisations to throw the weight and expertise of the agency behind by committing 10% of profits, time and resources without any cost incurred.
This summer we had huge success with #LoveIsAllWeHave – which helped finally change the marriage equality laws in N.Ireland earlier this year – and there’s another just around the corner. Further back in 2017, our #FirstChristmas campaign addressed the difficult topic of a family’s experience of their first Christmas following the loss of a child, sparking a mass of online conversations to break down the taboo subject.
For our Christmas Special 2019, we’re going one step further and giving YOU, THE PUBLIC, the chance to nominate a charity that you care deeply about. If you work at a charity, you are more than welcome to nominate yourself – just make sure you’ve got a great reason why
We want to do more than just create a quality, emotive appeal video – although that is part of it – so we’ve listed all the specialist deliverables that the chosen charity will receive if your nomination is successful…
Creative Concept Development
- Our award-winning Creative Team will conceptualise a narrative that tells your story this Christmas, and how this story should be told across different channels in order to engage supporters, both existing and potential.
x1 Flagship Video (max. 2 mins)
- Pre-production (props, locations, scripting)
- Production (filming & photography)
- Post-production (editing, colour grading, etc.)
- We’ll cover all the costs of producing the main appeal video, and be transparent about the whole process – we’ll include you/your team as much as possible so that they learn to
Supporting Assets including shorter video cuts, graphics, memes, quotecards
- Our Design Team will produce assets to help follow up the campaign message of the main video with shorter, sharper pieces of content.
Campaign Strategy inc. Digital Marketing Plan & Advertising Budget
- Our Digital Marketing Team will build a sophisticated digital plan AND manage it through your social media channels when it goes live.
- We’ll also provide £500 of advertising budget, which will be managed by our Digital Marketing Specialist with over 25 years of experience.
PR Strategy & Media Relations
- Our Strategy Team will work with you to come up with a plan to get media attention of the back of the campaign, to further highlight your cause to target audiences.
Who is eligible?
We’d love to be able to make this available to any organisation, although we had to consider who we can help to make the biggest impact this Christmas. For this reason, please check that your nominated charity matches the below criteria:
- Under £1m turnover
- Not currently working on a Christmas campaign
- Work focused in the UK
- Happy to give us creative license with concept development
- Keen to receive proposals from all over the UK, not just London
- In existence for at least 2 years
- Prepared to put £500 towards advertising, which will be matched by Shape History – please check with your charity on this in particular.
How to apply
So how can you enter? It’s simple – just fill out this short form so that we can find a bit more about you and we’ll be in touch to let you know if you’ve been shortlisted.
If you have any questions, or aren’t sure about your nomination, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com and we’ll be in touch.
The deadline for nominations is the end of play on Thursday 26th September – don’t worry, we know some of you work long hours so we know that doesn’t necessarily mean 5pm! Just get it to us before we get into the office on Friday morning!
Shape History is a social impact communications agency. We nurture purpose-led institutions, charities, campaigning groups and social impact leaders with strategic design and communication to accelerate social impact.
Get in touch if you would like to work with us.
Want to connect with the Shape History team?